Earth Day Activities for Kids: Upcycling from The Weekly Kids Co-Op
Reduce, reuse and recycle; what a catchy phrase to underpin Earth day activities for kids. Our actions affect the environment. How do you help kids understand the importance of conserving our natural resources?
There are so many ways to reuse items to cut down on garbage that ends up in oceans or landfills. Here are some fun upcycling ideas from last week’s Weekly Kids’ Co-Op.
Here are 8 Upcycling Earth Day Activities for Kids from last week’s Weekly Kids’ Co-Op:
- Bottle Rocket by Science Sparks
- Garden Plant Markers by An Portraits
- Baby and Mommy bunny puppets by Like Mama Like Daughter
- Exploring Sound: Making a Kazoo by Buggy and Buddy
- Little Yellow TP Chicks
- Flower Power Ring by Jewellery Making Journal
- Mix & Match Painted Rock Faces by Teach Beside Me
- DIY Counters Postbox by Lessons Learnt Journal
Here’s an Instagram from our family this week. “Play for a wet day: cello, glue, paper, tissues. #playmatters #creativetable #thedailyplay“. Are you on Instagram and have play photos to share? Join the #playmatters community. It’s super easy to join in the fun.
Come and Play with LessonsLearntJournal.com @ The Weekly Kids’ Co-Op!
- Say “Hi” and introduce yourself and your blog by leaving a comment here. I want to know you, your blog and have a conversation.
- Link up your child-focused link here. It can be a recent post or an older one – just as long as it’s child-focused.
- Please include a link back or The Weekly Kids’ Co-Op button so that others can also find The Weekly Kids’ Co-Op easily.
- Have you been featured today? Please take our Featured at Lessons Learnt Journal badge.
We love sharing awesome ideas with our readers and look forward to seeing the many great ideas linked up each week.
The Weekly Kids’ Co-op is co-hosted by a group of fun kids’ blogs. By adding your your child-focused link at the Weekly Kids’ Co-op, we’ll share your idea across all of our child-focused blogs.
If you are new here, you might like to subscribe to our RSS feed or receive updates direct to your email. We have many fun ideas to share.