I am not crazy about bugs. In fact, I am very squeamish around them. I have held a snake, but I can’t bring myself to hold a stick insect (?!) My boys however, are fascinated with bugs.
After putting this round up of bug inspired activities for children together, I shake my head at myself. I need to get over my squeamishness. These bug inspired activities for children are so fun and pack a punch when it comes to playful learning.
Happy playing, because #playmatters.
Bug Inspired Activities for Children
Here are 10 fabulous bug inspired activities for children:
1. Observation Science for Kids by Lessons Learnt Journal
2. Butterfly Wing Experiment by J Daniel 4s Mom
3. Felt Finger Puppet Insects by Handmade by NM
4. Helicopter Seed Dragonfly Craft by Learn Create Love via Housing A Forest
5. Honey Bees Craft and Cookies by Mommy-Land
6. Letter Bugs Busy Bag by The Educators Spin On It
7. Raising Silkworms by Gift of Curiosity
8. The Ant Experiment by Wildlife Fun 4 Kids
9. Butterfly Baby Room by Adventures at Home with Mum
10. Sand Table Play Lessons Learnt Journal
[gridly layout=”1441″ captions=”on” gutter=”4px”]
Have you been featured this week? Please take our Featured at Lessons Learnt Journal badge.
Most of these ideas are from our Kids’ Co-Op. If you have a child focused post to share, be sure to come back and visit the Kids’ Co-Op link up here at Lessons Learnt Journal, (published and live here every Wednesday at 10PM CST or Thursday 2PM AEST).
More Activities for Preschoolers
Three to Five: Playful Preschool is stuffed to the brim with tried, tested and loved playful learning ideas for preschoolers. There are 25+ ideas for preschoolers, ten printable resources and additional links to over 50 more activities. A great resource for parents. Download your copy here.
If you are new here, you might like to subscribe to our RSS feed or receive updates direct to your email. We have many fun ideas to share.